STMicroelectronics’ ToF sensor provides very accurate distance measurements from only 1 mm up to 1200 mm
Specifically designed for proximity and short-range measurements, STMicroelectronics’ VL53L4CD provides very accurate distance measurements from only 1 mm up to 1200 mm. A new generation laser emitter with 18° FoV (field-of-view) improves performance under ambient light, with ranging speed up to 100 Hz.
With very low power consumption, thanks to an Autonomous mode with programmable distance threshold, the VL53L4CD is ideal for use in battery-powered devices. Its fully embedded on-chip processing helps reduce design complexity and BOM cost since less powerful and less expensive microcontrollers can be used. Like all ToF sensors based on ST’s FlightSense technology, the VL53L4CD records an absolute distance measurement regardless of the target color and reflectance.
Housed in a miniature reflowable package that integrates a SPAD (single-photon avalanche diode) array, the VL53L4CD achieves excellent performance in various ambient lighting conditions and for a wide range of cover glass materials.
All of ST’s ToF sensors integrate a VCSEL (vertical cavity surface emitting laser). It emits a fully invisible 940 nm IR light that is totally safe for the eyes (Class 1 certification).
- High-accuracy proximity ranging
- High-performance proximity sensor
- From 0 mm to 1200 mm with full FoV
- Short distance linearity down to 1 mm
- FoV of 18°
- Autonomous low power mode with programmable interrupt threshold to wake up the host
- Fast ranging frequency up to 100 Hz
- Fully integrated miniature module
- 940 nm invisible laser emitter (VCSEL) and analog driver
- Low power microcontroller running advanced digital Firmware
- 4.4 mm x 2.4 mm x 1 mm size
- Pin-to-pin compatible with VL53L0X, VL53L1X, VL53L1CB, VL53L3CX, and VL53L4CX
- Easy integration
- Reflowable component
- Single power supply 2v8
- Can be hidden behind cover glass
- I²C interface (up to 1 MHz)
- Full set of C software drivers (Linux compatible) for turnkey ranging
- Embedded processing for very low memory footprint in the host
more information: https://www.st.com/en/imaging-and-photonics-solutions/vl53l4cd.html